7 years ago
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
The Faith of Children
Last night, we had a crazy rainstorm that included high winds, thunder, and lightning. Sometime in the middle of the night, I woke up to a knock on my bedroom door- it was Mason. He had been woken up by the storm, and was too scared to go back to sleep. So, he asked if his dad would come into his room to help him say a prayer so that he wouldn't be scared anymore and would be able to go back to sleep. I felt bad that Jonathan had to get up because it was only 20 minutes before his alarm went off, but he was happy to go help Mason. They went into his room, Jonse helped Mason with his prayer, and tucked him back in. He told Mason that if he got scared again to come back into our room. Not too long after that, this storm really picked up- the thunder even woke me up twice! I was so nervous that Mason would wake up again and be scared, but he never did! When I went in to get him ready for school, I asked him about the rest of his night, and he said that after daddy had helped him say his prayer that he wasn't scared anymore, and that he was able to go back to sleep so that he wouldn't be tired for preschool. It was so sweet, and I'm glad that he understands the power of prayer at such a young age. I'm also so happy that he feels comfortable enough to come and ask for help, even in the middle of the night. He is such a great boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
So sweet!
That is so cute! It totally made me cry! Ok, so everything makes me cry right now, but still...what a cute little boy!
yeah, that storm was bad! What a cute story!
I LOVE this! What a cute boy!!! That storm was scary...I was hanging onto Jason in the middle of the night cuz I couldn't sleep. It was so windy! You've taught your kids well and I can tell you're a great mom. :)
ah, that is super cute. Kids can teach us so much can't they
What a little sweetheart.
Such a cute story.
That's such a great story and tells me that he has some awesome teachers that are teaching him the right things so that he can have such great experiences in life.
That is so sweet. I am sure it is something you'll never forget either.
Post a Comment