Sunday, December 13, 2009

Manners

Yesterday was a day full of fun... Unfortunately, I was too sick to leave the couch so I missed it all. But, Jonse took a ton of pictures, and I will post those soon. Tonight, I just wanted to quickly share a story about Mason, how sweet he is, and his incredible manners.

While I was home sick, my family made the trek to the Mitchell family Christmas party. While they were there, Santa stopped in for a visit. (Yes, I cried when I realized that I would miss my kids seeing Santa for the first time this year...) All the kids got a turn to sit on his lap, and after Mason's turn he went back by his dad to open his present. He opened up a really great motorcycle, and immediately turned to Jonse and said, "I really need to go tell Santa thank you for this motorcycyle! It is my favorite!" He then waited for the kid who was on Santa's lap to get off, and then ran up to give him a hug and tell him thanks for the motorcycle. (Yep, cried when I hear that, too!)

It's times like those that I realize all the frustrations are completely worth it. I sure love that kid.

5 comments:

Janaca said...

I'm so sorry you're sick and that stinks you missed the party and seeing your kids with santa! That is the sweetest story though about Mason. What a good kid! Jordan is so obsessed with gifts this year I'm worried about him even saying thank you at all. You're a good mommy!

Heather said...

Aww...Mason is just the cutest!! You guys have taught him well. I'm sorry you're sick that's no fun...hope you get to feeling better soon.

Chelsea said...

What an incredible mom you are. That is very sweet of him, but that says a lot about you. From other stories you have shared he sounds like an adorable little kid.
I hope you are feeling better!
And thanks for your sweet comment about my Gram :)

Nicole said...

What a cute story! You wonder when you try to teach them things if it is ever going to do any good.... but It's those moments that make EVERY patient teaching moment worth it! :) hope you feel better soon!

Kateka said...

You are such a great mom. Seriously.