7 years ago
Monday, November 30, 2009
Black Friday Crazies!
Every year I go Black Friday shoppping with my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law. However, none of us is really into the craziness of standing in line in the cold, or getting in fights with people over the last of an item, or even going in the middle of the night, so we usually wait until all of the crazies have gone home and head out around 9. This year was a little bit different... My MIL mentioned as a joke that we should go out at midnight, and next thing I know, we are putting together a list of all the places we are going to go, and what time they all open. Let me just say, I will NEVER again do the middle of the night stuff! People are INSANE! We stood in line at Toys R Us for 4 HOURS- 2 outside, and another 2 inside. It probably wouldn't have been so bad except that some people are so rude. We had to listen to some guy who knew everything for the whole two hours outside. Plus, he had a very foul mouth, and liked to call people names. It was so bad, in fact, that we cheered when they finally let him in the store because we didn't have to stand by him anymore! Anyway, we hit Toys R Us from 12-4:30 a.m., then went to the mall and ate Subway (haha!), Old Navy at 5 a.m., Target from 5:30-6:45 a.m., and then Tai Pan around 7. I got back to my mom's at 8, just in time to get my kids some breakfast. At 9:30 my sister told me that they were headed out in a little bit, and asked me to come with them. Since my husband was at work, I felt guilty saying no because that would mean my mom and sisters had to take my kids, so I went. We left at 11, and didn't get back until almost 5:30. It was crazy! (But, it was also a good thing- I got 95% of my shopping done!) But, here is the craziest part- I got up at 8 a.m. on Thanksgiving, slept for 45 minutes from 10-10:45 p.m. on Thursday night, shopped for 8 hours, got another 1 hour of sleep from 10-11 a.m. on Friday morning, did another 6 hours of shopping, and then finally went to bed at 8 p.m. on Friday night! Almost 36 straight hours awake... It killed me! But, it was a blast! I hope that everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving, and that those of you who went out shopping got what they were looking for!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are nuts!!!!!! haha
Oh. My. Gosh. You are superwoman.
You are crazy darlin'! I went ONE year and came home a half an hour later crying. haha. I was back in bed by 7 and vowed to never go again. Looking back...it was hilarious :)
Glad you got your shopping almost done!
Post a Comment