I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I would give an update... Life at the Meldrum house has been kind of crazy lately! Most of the time I am glad to have so much going on, but right now I just need a break.
We found out a couple of weeks ago that Avery has severe acid reflux (no wonder she was throwing up so much and not gaining any weight...). When we went to the doctor for that, we found out that she also had a pretty bad ear infection. So, not only does she get to take medication every day for the acid reflux, but she has also been on antibiotics twice a day. Then, to top that off, Mason had a really high fever for 5 days straight! Mason has never been one to fever, seriously, I know he is really sick if he hits 101! But this time, he got as high as 105.5!! I was freaking out! We took him to the doctor, but they couldn't find anything wrong with him... I hate that!
Most of you know that I have been on antidepressents for post partum depression since October. Most days I feel pretty good (probably because of the drugs), so I keep trying to ween myself off of them. Unfortunately, I still need them... I am getting so tired of being on them- does anyone have suggestions?
Wow, this has been kind of a downer... Not everything is bad! Jonathan and I are going to Disneyland in October for my birthday/our 5 year anniversary! I am so excited! (ya, I know, I am a total kid!!)
Sorry this is so random! We hope that everyone is doing well! Love you all!!
7 years ago
5 comments:
Sorry to hear about the kiddos that have been sick, that sucks!!! I hope they start feeling better SOOON. Kaden had acid reflux it's so sad because they just start screaming out of the blue because the have acid eating away at their throat.
I'm totally excited for Bunko this month, Lindsey and I will both be there. It might be hard to look out the window and see my cute house, and know that it is not my house any more. I guess I will have to wear shoes to your house this time. We will have to shut the curtains so I don't have to look at it!!
MaRea
I hate when my kids are sick! It takes a toll on you! I love Disneyland too and could go 3 times every year!
My older sister had post-partum, but she didn't realize until afterwards, and it had been like 6 months. I can't imagine how hard it must be. I remember she said that some days she felt like packing up and heading to Mexico to start a new life. Ha, ha. Of course she never acted on it, and I don't know if you ever feel like that, but sometimes I feel like that without post-partum. Ha, ha. All I can advise is stay close to your friends and family. Stay busy with their company. Oh and come to the temple with me. ;)
Also, I can't believe you've been married 5 years! Holy cow. Congratulations!
Sorry the kids have been sick, mine have been randomly sick off and on..it's no fun!!
And I totally understand the postpartum depression stuff. I've had it after all of my kids. Actually because my kids are so close together I feel like I've had it for the past 5 years. haha :) Just take it one day at a time. Some will be easy and you'll think yay it's over but then the very next day could feel like the worst one ever. It usually goes in weekly spurts with me. For like two weeks I'm ok and then one week I'm falling apart...like I was on Sunday! :) If you ever need to chat just call!! Love ya!
i had no idea you'd been struggling with depression. i'm sorry honey!! don't stress too much about being on the meds. you just do what you have to do. you won't be on them forever.
Post a Comment