Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This one is about Mason!

WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Not exactlly. I got pregnant while on birth control, and then miscarried. After that, we decided we would start trying, and I got pregnant only 2 weeks after the miscarriage! It's not supposed to be able to happen that fast!!

WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes, but just barely.

WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
I wasn't sure what to think. I was totally excited, but still trying to recover from the miscarriage.

WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
NEVER!!!!

HOW OLD WERE YOU?
I was 19 when I found out, and 20 when he was born.

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I was so sick, and couldn't stop throwing up. So, I took a test, and sure enough, it was positive.

WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Jonathan.

DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
I couldn't wait to find out. But, we were both so sure he was a boy, that it wasn't a big surprise.

DUE DATE?
December 22, 2005

DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
For the entire time! It was miserable!!

WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Mashed potatoes and gravy, chicken pot pies, candy, ice cream!!

WHAT IRRITATED YOU?
Unfortunately, my husband is what irritated me the most...

WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
Boy

DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No way! I was positive from the time the test came back that he was a boy, and so was Jonathan. When we had the ultrasound, the lady said it was a boy, and neither one of us reacted. She looked at me and said, "So, you're not excited it's a boy?" And I said, "I am so excited! For some reason I just knew he was a boy, so it wasn't a surprise."

HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY
65! It was miserable! I retained so much water, plus I didn't eat healthy... Bad combination!!

DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
I had a couple of them.

WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew about most of them, but the girls at work threw one for me that was a surprise.

DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
A few random things: rib dysfunction (I had 3 ribs pop out!!), crazy rashes, and I tore the ligament that holds the two halves of your pelvic bone!! I ended up in the emergency room for that one!

WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
The University of Utah

HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
Umm... About 10 hours total. But, I was only in actual labor for 3 1/2 of those hours, and only pushed for 45 minutes.

WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
Jonathan.

WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Jonathan, Attending OB, Resident OB, 4 nurses, 2 Respiratory Therapists, Pediatrician, and a few others (Mason's heart rate dropped drastically, and he came out not breathing.) Plus, my whole family and Jonathan's parents were all in the waiting room...

WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
Natural, but they had me prepped for an emergency c-section.

DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Thank goodness for epidurals!!!

DID YOUR ORIGINAL TREATING OB DELIVER YOUR BABY?
Nope. She was off for Christmas.

WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN
December 25, 2005

HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
8 lbs. 11 oz. (Oh ya, and he was 23 1/2 inches long!! And his head was in the 120th percentile!!!)

WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Mason Albert Meldrum

HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN?
3



Mason and me when he was first born. You can see the bruising on his face from the forceps they had to use to get him out because he was so big!



One of my favorites from the day he was born.



I love this one of him.



Now he is a big boy!!

5 comments:

Chelsey said...

HEY THAKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW ABOUT THE BOUTIQUE THAT YOUR FRIEND IS HAVING. I COMMENTED JUST IN TIME I GUESS, JUSTI SAID SHE CLOSED IT, SO SHE MUST HAVE A LOT OF VENDORS COMING. SO THANKS FOR TAKING CARE OF ME, EVEN IF I AM A "BRAT"!

Janaca said...

How cute. It was fun to read about you having your first kid! I'm due in about a month and I'm getting excited about having another one. :)

The knights are in said...

What fun it is to read about how Mason came to be. You are a hero in my book for going over your due date and for delivering a large(I mean Long)child. Cute pictures and thanks for sharing Masons delivery, what fun!

Jacque said...

Oh the memories! Morning sickness...ick! You're a trooper! And you look FAB-U-LOUS! I would have NEVER guessed you gained 65 lbs. You're so stinking skinny! You're my IDOL!
Ok, when's the next girl's night? I am totally up for it! Let's get the gals roped up and have a hoot-n-hollerin' time!!
Duh--is there any other option for us?? :)

Jennifer said...

Those were so fun to read about your little family! I never knew a lot of the points about you and Jonathan. You guys are cute parents!