Friday, March 26, 2010

Check Ups

I took both girls in for check ups, and it was so funny to me to see how different they are in their growth.

Avery's stats:

Height: 32", 67%
Weight: 19 lb. 14 oz, 2%
Head: 46 cm, 34%




Kenadee's stats:

Height: 24", 80%
Weight: 13 lb. 1 oz, 79%
Head: 40 cm, 59%




Kenadee had gained over four pounds in the last month (Avery has only gained 3.5 pounds in the last YEAR!), so the pediatrician put her on a "diet". It was pretty funny when he used that term, even though all he was asking us to do was make her go 6 hours between feedings instead of only 4. I also had to laugh when I thought about how Avery is 18 months old, and yet she still doesn't weigh enough to be in a forward facing car seat. We had a little scare with Avery, we have been worried that something is wrong and that's why she hasn't been gaining weight. But, they ran several blood tests, and everything came back normal. Doctor said it's just her body, and we shouldn't be worried anymore. Thank goodness!

1 comment:

Kateka said...

Holy moly! There is only a 6 lb difference between your girls? That is hilarious. It's just like how sisters always are. :)

My cousin's son doesn't eat hardly anything either. The doctors were all worried but like you said, I think it just depends on the kid sometimes! Avery just has a super duper fast metabolism for a kid or something, I am sure.