Monday, March 22, 2010

Proud

This past weekend was full of emotions- sadness, happiness, uncertainty, anxiety... But, the one that pushed past them all was pride.

On Saturday, my baby brother was deployed for Afghanistan with the Utah National Guard's 144th Area Support Medical Company. This unit is made up of various medical personnel- doctors, nurses, medics, etc. They will be on the front lines helping those who have been injured in combat.

I am so proud of my brother and his decision to serve our country. It was really hard to watch him go, but I know that he will be doing great things, and I have faith that he will return home to us safely.


The military band that played throughout the ceremony.


These guys were so great- they held the flags through the entire ceremony, and even lined the walkway to the plane for the soldiers.


My siblings and me- I told you all I was the small one...


The whole family


J.D. and my big kids




I have a feeling that Avery is really going to miss playing this game...


Boarding the plane


Good luck, brother, we love you!!

Also on Saturday, we had a chance to watch Caitlin play in her very last high school basketball game. She was chosen by coaches from all over the state to be a member of the 5A State All-Star team. She did such a great job- even scoring two 3-pointers. I'm so proud of her dedication to her sports and her team, and I can't wait to watch her play college ball!


Cait and her all-star award.

5 comments:

Kateka said...

You and your siblings are all freaking gorgeous!

Love your brother and all our soldiers! I am so thankful for what he is doing for our country. God bless him!

Skyler said...

Awesome! We're so grateful for soldiers who fight for our country! and the families who sacrifice for them to be gone!)

Nicole said...

above comment from me..... hate it when i'm logged in as skyler without realizing it!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe Caitlin is a Senior and done with high school, crazy. How exciting to see where she goes to play in collage. I love our soldiers and what the stand for out FREEDOM!! It's crazy our soldiers are fighting for our freedom and the Dems are taking it away????? I guess I shouldn't get into this, I will not sleep if I start thinking about it!

Melanie said...

I cannot imagine how hard it would be to send a family member to Afganistan. Your brother is AWESOME! and so are you:) CUTE, CUTE family too!

Can't wait until friday...!