Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools' Day

This year for April Fools', I decided to play a little trick on Mason. I told him that we were going to be having cupcakes for dinner. He spent all day telling me, and all of his friends, that I was the coolest mom ever!


Dinner time rolled around, and he was convinced that we were eating carrot cake cupcakes with blue frosting, and he was so excited.


He took a big bite... Only to discover it was really meatloaf as the cake, and mashed potatoes as the frosting.


But, he must have liked it because he ate the whole thing, and even asked for seconds!!

(Thanks, Lindsay for the idea!!)

3 comments:

leah said...

Awesome idea! I am so totally doing that next year.

Janaca said...

Haha!! That is such a funny and genious idea. I love it! You totally had me fooled just by the look of it. Very cute!

Kateka said...

Ha, ha, ha! His eyes!! He looks so happy! I love how kids get so excited by little things.