We got to experience a lot of really great things while we were there... On Tuesday, a small group of us got to go to the ruins at Chichen Itza. The pyramids and the temples there were amazing! There was so much history written into the walls of all of the buildings. Our tour guide was not LDS, but there was a couple with us that had been through the ruins with an LDS tour guide before, so they told us what the Mormons in that area believe about the Mayan ruins. It was great to be able to hear a religious point of view, and also an archeological point of view. That day we also got to go swimming at a large sink hole called a cenote. This particular cenote was 90 feet below the ground, and at least 150 feet deep. While I chose to be in charge of the camera instead of swim, my husband swam and had a blast!
Jonathan and I in front of the main pyramid at Chichen Itza.
Looking up at one of the temples at the ruins.
Standing in front of the statues that the LDS people of the area believe represent the 2000 Stripling Warriors.
Looking down at the cenote from the top.
Our whole group jumping off the highest platform into the cenote.
While we were there, Jonathan also had the opportunity to go scuba diving. I was pretty upset because I had finally talked myself into going with him (I am terrified of the ocean...) but, because of the Little Bean, they wouldn't let me go. So, my poor husband opted out of the all day reef dive at Cozumel because he didn't want me to be all alone for a whole day. But, he did get to dive off the coast by our resort. He said that it was so much fun, just not as colorful as he had hoped.
My favorite part of the vacation was the spa at the resort. On Wednesday, myself and a couple of the other girls that were in our group went to get massages. It was by far the best massage that I have ever had! I don't know what they do different in Mexico, but American spas should take some lessons!! :)
It was really hard to leave Mason for the first time, but it was definitely worth it! The resort was awesome, the company was fabulous, and the sun and sand were perfect! Just what we both needed to re-energize ourselves. And babe, good job for all the hard work you did to get us to Cancun! Do it again so we can go on vacation next year- keep thinking New York!!
2 comments:
The pictures are up. What a wonderful place in this world, I'm glad places like that are still around. I love just laying around in the sun with a great book, treats, and of course unlimited drinks. I need one of those vacations soon. The blog is looking great.
Cute Blog! Looks like you guys had a great time in Mexico!
Post a Comment