That's where we live right now... About a month ago, both girls got croup. Seriously, who gets croup in June?!? It was a pretty mild case, and went away fairly quickly. But, two weeks later, they both got summer colds. Nothing serious, but seriously annoying.
During that time, Mason ended up with a crazy rash. It was like nothing I had ever seen before- totally red and blotchy, raised, itchy, and super hot. I thought at first that it was an allergic reaction to something, but when we got to the Instacare, they told us that it was fifth disease. The doctor told us that it is in the Parvo family and that it is really nothing but an annoyance in kids, but that it can be harmful to pregnant women. So, poor boy ended up missing Jonathan's grandma's funeral because there were several pregnant women there. Boo.
It finally cleared up, and I thought we could get back to normal life. I took Kenadee in to the doctor for her 6 month check up, where I was told that we needed to watch her cold very closely because of how bad her RSV had been this year. He said at that point that he wasn't too worried about it, but that it could turn on us really quickly. Awesome.
4 days later, Avery developed a fever. I let it go for a couple of days, but when it wouldn't go away I took her in. Ear infection. They put her on amoxicillin, and it really helped. But, two days later, Kenadee got a fever. And hers was even worse than Avery's. Poor baby had a double ear infection. So, they put her on the same antibiotic and sent us on our way.
Three days into her 10 day course of amoxicillin, she developed a rash. It was in a really small spot when we noticed it, so I just assumed it was from the heat. We put her to bed that night, and by the time she woke up the next morning it had spread all over her body. Great, back to the Instacare we go- for the fifth time in a month. Turns out my baby is allergic to penicillin. So, we just started another course of antibiotics, and we're hoping this one does what it's supposed to.
Then, to make things more interesting, Mason woke up yesterday with a bout of impetigo on his face. It's kind of like a cold sore, and it's super contagious. So, we're back to being on quarantine.
But, my favorite part of all, is that Kenadee is having some sort of intestinal... something. I'm not sure what, and I don't even know if I need to start worrying. For awhile now she hasn't been eating well. The whole time I have just assumed it was because she was so stuffy and couldn't breathe. But, now that she can breathe again, it hasn't changed. She's down to eating half or less of her normal amount during a single day, and she refuses to eat solid food. When I can get her to eat, she will suck a few times, and then scream. And, it's not a sad type of scream, the poor girl sounds like she is in horrible pain (it's weird because if she's not eating, she is pretty much her normal self). You can hear her stomach just gurgling, and I've noticed over the past two weeks that she has stopped gaining weight. She hasn't lost any, but she hasn't even gained an ounce. Plus, and we are going to get a little personal here, she has the worst diarrhea I have ever seen. We are talking four, five, six, sometimes more diarrhea diapers a day for her. It's been like this for about three weeks now, and it's awful. What do you mommies think? Should I be worrying yet? Or wait until all of her sickness is gone and see if it changes? Help!
7 years ago
8 comments:
Poor babies!! Oh my gosh, I feel for you! I was going to say 'teething' for kenadee but your guess is as good as mine. You should talk to Brooke because her baby girl, Taylor, has crazy diarrhea too and I think her dr may have given her something for it.
Do you need, like, dinner brought to you or something? I would imagine that taking care of a bunch of sick kids doesn't leave much time for cooking.
Tashina, I am so sorry! Poor kids and especially poor momma!
Fifths disease huh? Wonder if thats what MaCall had last Wed.? I thought it was heat rash:( Not good for pregnant women... not good at all. I know a story on this. Sad.
I am not the best at answering the doc question. I have a hard time taking mine unless they have a fever, but for 3 wks.? maybe something intestinal? Hmmm... Maybe.
Wonder if her throat is really sore too???
Let me know if you need anything.
PS Swimming again soon... I will bring baby this time and stay longer:)
Oh my gosh, Tashina!!! What a NIGHTMARE you've been having with all that sickness!!!! If the stomach/diapers have been going on for weeks now i'd probably take her in. But that's me. Good luck! I seriously hope things start getting better for you!
Oh my!!! You poor poor thing and your poor kids!! You're supposed to be enjoying your summer and the warm weather, not stuck inside. That sounds absolutely awful! So sorry. I would probably be worried if the diapers have been bad that long. But if she is sick with other things maybe you're smart to wait. I just know I would be panicking! Good luck!
Ok all of this is just no fun. I've been wondering what's been going on with you guys because it's only been one of you at chuch for a few weeks. All this sickness stinks. We found out Allie is alergic to penicylin when she was a tiny one too. You think you're giving them something to help them and then it only adds to the problem. Maybe Kenedee's tummy trouble is just from the anibotics but I would probably take her in if it were one of mine. Please let me know if you need something...ok?
Oh my heavens. You poor little dears. I am so sorry that everyone is so sick!
That is so sad. I hope they all start feeling better. Answer to the question: If the diarrhea sarted when she started the antibiotic it could be the medication causing it. If not, I would probably take her is. She may have a bug of some sort, rotovirus, or c-diff or something. Good luck.
Sounds like a fun couple of months:(!!! I hope everyone gets better and stays healthy!
Post a Comment