Here's the whole story:
We went in to the hospital to start the induction at 9:30 last Thursday morning. I got admitted and settled into my room, and Dr. Terry came in around 10:30. He broke my water and started the pitossin. When I got to the hospital, I was dilated to a 2, and by 2:15, I was only dilated to a 3! I thought for sure that we were going to be there all night! My contractions got a lot stronger after that, so the nurse came back and checked me again at 2:45. Lo and behold, I was dilated to a 7!! I couldn't believe it! So, the nurse said we were getting close, and turned around to leave. Right as soon as she made it to the door, I felt like I had to push, so the nurse came back in and checked again, and I was complete!! She told me not to push, and that she was going to go call Dr. Terry. By 3:00 the room was set up, and Dr. Terry said it was time to get started. 15 minutes later, they were putting Avery on my chest! It was crazy!! But, here we are a week later, and I feel really great, and she is already growing, and life couldn't be better!
Avery at about 3 minutes old...
Avery and mom
Avery and dad
Avery and big brother
After her first bath with her little turban! :)
10 comments:
YES! She is here! How wonderful Tashina! She is so adorable! What a sweetheart! Congrats! I'm glad everything went smoothly!
Yay, I've seriously been stalking your blog every day to see her!! She is adorable, that picture of her and Mason is so precious!! And you looked hot especially for just having a baby!! I'm glad it went so well for ya! Congrats!
How adorable!! I'm so glad things went well. Congrats!!
How sweet! I'm so glad that things went well and that she's here. Congrats! She is a beautiful baby.
Congratulations! She is so adorable!
Oh she is a cutie! Congrats! I hope she'll be making an appearance at bunko next week. : )
she's the cutest little peanut! and i'm glad it went so well. i was also surprised at how quickly pushing time came. i was at a 6 and two minutes later, i had to call the nurse back because "something has to be going on." i was complete, they made me hold my legs together so the dr could get there. she barely made it. SO much better than labor #1! if pregnancy wasn't so crappy, i'd be all for labor again. seriously. did i just say that? oh how quickly we forget!
She is so sweet and cute and tiny! Congratulations! -I love the pic of Mason and her!
I don't know if there is anything more sweet than a brand new baby. I could just sit and smell them all day. She is a doll!!
So I know you had your baby like 2 months ago, but I am just getting caught up on your blog. :) Did I read this right? Did you have your baby with no pain killers?? If you didn't, you are like my hero. Not that I am pregnant, but I have been considering the idea of no epidural labors in the future. I don't know though... Also, the picture of your hub and the baby LITERALLY almost put me in tears. It is so tender. :)
Post a Comment