Thursday, January 20, 2011

Time Flies...

Well, here we are, months and months since my last post, and I'm wondering where the time has gone. So much has happened in the past few months, and life has been so crazy! Here are some of the highlights:

Mason started his second year of preschool at Little Foot. He is absolutely loving it, but he can't wait to go to kindergarten next year. He got to play soccer for the first time this year, and did such a great job! He's loving organized sports, and can't wait until he is old enough to play more.



Poor kid had to get stitches again, this time in his eye. It was quite an event. Luckily, he sat very still and didn't have to be sent to Primary's and have it done under anesthesia.


This was the day after he got his stitches...


...And, this was the day he got them out.

We had Avery's second birthday. She is still super tiny, and has turned into quite the little princess. She can name all of the Disney princesses, and it's very rare that you will see her when she's not in costume. She's always keeping us laughing, and we are always on our toes with her.



She had to have her tonsils taken out right after Christmas. It was such a sad day, but, boy has it made a huge difference!


She was so happy to be at the hospital, although I'm pretty sure she had no idea what was going to happen...


Getting ready to go to the operating room.


Just out of surgery.


We spent a LOT of time like this over the next few days, which was a big deal for me- that girl does NOT like to cuddle!


They made us stay overnight, so Grandma Cuckoo brought her a new toy. She thought it was so great to sit in that big bed and play with her new toy.

Kenadee is now 1! I can't believe a whole year has gone by since she joined our family. I took her for her 1 year check-up a couple of weeks ago, and to my surprise, she is almost as tiny as her sister was at that age. She is our most tender baby; she loves to cuddle and give kisses, and she's definitely our peacemaker.


LOVE that face!






Don't know why none of them are the right direction... Oh well!

This is starting to sound a little bit jumbled to me, so I will just end there. But, be looking forward to more updates including: the Circus, Hawaii, Halloween, and Christmas.

3 comments:

Kyle Hess said...

It was such a treat to see that you posted:)!! I've been meaning to post for the past year too. Wow does Avery look grown up, she is a mini Mason. I'm glad her surgery has helped and and she is feeling better.

MaRea

Becki said...

i LOVE it, Look at your beautiful babies!!!

lizard said...

Your kids are so so so dang cute!! I seriously got a little misty when I saw Mason's poor face with the stitches and Avery in that hard core hospital crib. Also, there is no possible reason why you should look as good as you do in that picture at the hospital. Nobody looks like that in regular pictures!

Glad everybody's doing well! Someday in my life I'll make it back to church and we can catch up in person!