Sunday, April 11, 2010

Date Night

Earlier this week, Jonathan told me that he had a surprise planned for date night this week. And, he did a great job of keeping it a secret! Even after we dropped the kids off at my mom's, I still didn't know where we were going. But, we hadn't been on a date since Kenadee was 3 weeks old (11 weeks ago), so I didn't even care- I was just happy to be out of the house, and spending some time alone with my husband. We ended up going to the season opener for the Blaze- Utah's Arena Football team. Our seats were AWESOME- we sat in the 4th row, right on the end zone line, and right next to the tunnel where everyone comes out!


Players in the tunnel


Player intros- we were so close, we could feel the heat from the flames.


These guys rappelled down from the rafters with the flag for the National Anthem. It was awesome!


The Blaze mascot, Harley


Like I said, we sat right on the goal line.

David Archuleta did half time, and I was pretty impressed by him. Although, all the 12-year-old girls' screams kind of got to me by the end! Haha!

Archie riding out onto the field with Harley.



After the game, we got to go down on the field and meet all the players.


I even got to meet Big Budah!


I had my sights set on meeting the guy from the beginning of the game. He is built just like my brother, walks just like him, wears the same football number as him, and even has the same last name as him! It was so crazy!


And, he was so sweet to take pictures with us after I told him that J.D. leaves for Afghanistan next week. After Friday night, I am in LOVE with Blaze games (even though they lost...) I would even love to have season tickets! Thanks babe for a wonderful date night!!

6 comments:

Janaca said...

How fun!! I'm so glad you could get out and enjoy a night with just your hubby. :)

Mike and Meg said...

So fun! You deserve a night out.

Nicole said...

what a fun night! You definitely deserved it!

Melanie said...

A BLAZE game... how fun! I bet it was so nice to get out. Cute pics!

Lindsey Smith said...

how darn cute of him to take you out. sounds like a lot of fun:)

Kateka said...

That is so cute.

Harley is a little creapy looking. :)