Kenadee Lou Meldrum was born 3 weeks early on Thursday, December 31, 2009. She came just after midnight at 12:11 a.m. (exactly 24 hours too early to be the New Years' baby), and was 7 lbs. 7 oz. and 21 inches long. She is absolutely beautiful, and has more hair than my other two babies combined!
My first glimpse of Kenadee.
Her feet are HUGE! She is going to be tall.
We sure missed Dr. Terry, but Dr. Irion was FANTASTIC!
She was awake like this for about the first 6 hours after she was born! It was crazy!
She LOVES to cuddle, and we napped like this for 4 hours on Friday.
I love those eyes!
Waiting on the pediatrician to give us our discharge orders...
We finally get to go home!!
A lot of you have asked for the birth story, so here it is. If you don't want to know, turn back now!
On Tuesday (the 29th), I was having the most horrible day- I didn't feel good, I was onery, and the kids were so hyper. I just couldn't take it. So, I asked Jonse to take Wednesday off work, he told me he couldn't, and being in the mood I was, I was totally put out over it. I woke up Wednesday, feeling worse than I had the day before. So, I spent the day parked on the couch. After I got the kids put down for their naps, I decided that I really needed one, too. I got all situated, when all of the sudden the contractions started. I had been having contractions off and on since 20 weeks, so at first I didn't pay too much attention to them. After about 30 minutes though, I realized that they were between 2 and 7 minutes apart, and they were starting to hurt pretty good. I decided that I better get in the shower, just in case. By the time I got out of the shower, I was hysterical. I was convinced that I was in labor, Justi (who had promised from day 1 that she would drive me to the hospital if Jonse wasn't home) had left for her vacation a day early, and I was pretty sure that we wouldn't make it to the hospital if I had to wait for Jonse to drive all the way home and then turn around and drive back. Not to mention that it had been snowing all day, and the roads were horrible. I was bawling uncontrollably. I decided that I would blow dry my hair, and that if the contractions hadn't stopped or slowed down by the time I was done, I would text Jonse and tell him to come home. Well, just as I turned the blow dryer off and sent the text message, my sweet husband walked through the door (with a dozen roses)! He said that he had felt bad that I was having such a hard time, so he convinced his dad to let him have the rest of the day off, and came home to surprise me. I told him that was great, but did you read your text? He said no, and then got so excited when I told him I was in labor. So, we ran around like crazy trying to pack stuff for all of us, and then we were on our way. We made it to the hospital around 6 (3 1/2 hours after the contractions started), and when they checked me I was dilated to a 3. They said they would keep me for an hour, and then check me again to decide if it was real or not. After that first hour, I was at a 4+, so they admitted me. After that, it gets a little blurry on how things happened... I got an epidural, they broke my water, and started me on pitocin. Once the pitocin kicked in, however, I realized that my epidural wasn't working the way it was supposed to. So, after several extra doses into my existing epidural, the anesthesiologist decided the best thing to do was to give me a new one. Thank goodness for the drugs!! I finally felt the way I wanted to, although I couldn't feel ANYTHING from the waist down. Anyway, I finally got to start pushing, and after only 10 minutes, she was here! I couldn't believe how big she was for 3 weeks early, and am now convinced that they miscalculated my due date. Jonse was so excited that she made it in time for a tax deduction. My doctor had gone out of town for the holiday, so it was one of his partners that delivered me, and he was fantastic. So was the anesthesiologist, and all but one of our nurses for the whole hospital stay. They took SUCH great care of us while we were there, and I'm so grateful. It was hard because they won't let kids into the hospitals right now, so I didn't get to see my babies... But, they both love her so much! She was a big surprise, but we already can't imagine our family without her!
14 comments:
Tashina, she is so beautiful!! What a little doll! I'm so glad your husband came home early that day! That's awesome she made it in time for a tax deduction too! haha Congratulations!
I know I told you this in text but she is beautiful!!! I have been wondering about this story and almost called you today:)Congrats again...hope you are feeling well. Let me know if you need anything.
Congratulations!! She is so cute!! Ahhhh...makes me so excited for another one :) I LOVE hearing the whole labor/delivery story, so thanks for sharing!!
ohmigosh! I just wanna cry thats so amazing and she's so adorable! congratulations!
She is adorable!!! Congrats, I just love new babies! Great job!
wow! congratulations! I had no idea she was already here! She's beautiful tashina..... what a sweet story, too. What an awesome husband you have!
I'm glad you didn't have your baby driving to the hospital. She is so beautiful! I love, love, love newborns. If only they didn't turn out to be spoiled rotten 1 year olds "my Avery"! Give her lots of kisses and snuggles from me. Your not allowed to have number 4 before I get pregnant with number 3;).
MaRea
She's beautiful. Is three way worse than 2?
Wow! Tashina that sounds like quite the experience! It could've been lots more interesting I guess if you hubby wouldn't have been so wonderful and come home to surprise you. What a relief! Glad things turned out okay and that she is here safe and sound. What a cutie!
WAHOO! CONGRATS! JUSTI TOLD ME THE 2ND I WALKED IN THE DOOR AT BEAR LAKE THAT YOU HAD JUST DELIVERED AND HOW AEWFUL SHE FELT FOR NOT STICKING AROUND FOR MORAL SUPPORT! SHE'S PERFECT FOR 3 WEEKS EARLY! I'M CROSSIN' MY FINGERS THIS BABY COMES 3 WEEKS EARLY JUST LIKE MY LAST 2 DID~ CONGRATS AGAIN, AND LET ME KNOW HOW 3 GOES!
Oh she is simply gorgeous. I love that Jonse came home right in the nic of time! Talk about being guided by the spirit! What a neat post. Thanks for sharing the story.
She is adorable! I SWEAR you just told us (haha by us I guess I mean the blog world) that you were prego! When I first saw in on FB I couldnt believe it.
Anyway, I love the story of your hubby coming home, and a huge congratulations to you and your cute family.
Lots of love.
Chelsea
She is such a cutie and wow what a crazy birth story!! I'm gunna have to walk down and see the both of you soon...probably during my babies naptime :) let me know if you need anything....love ya!!
CONGRATS! That is SO exciting.. I won't lie but I am pretty jealous she came early. She is ADORABLE and I bet you are SO glad she is here. Let me know if you need anything. :)
Post a Comment