Sunday, January 10, 2010

2009 in Review

While I am sitting here all alone, holding my sleeping new born, I decided to steal this blog post from my friend Kateka. I thought it was a great idea, so thanks, Kakes!

Funnest Event

1. Sand Dunes trips
2. Black Friday Shopping haha!
3. VEGAS!!
4. Wicked

Biggest Purchase

My new car! 2006 Nissan Pathfinder- fits our family SO much better than my Honda Civic.

Favorite Movie(s)

1. Up!
2. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Least Favorite Movie(s)

I don't know that I had a least favorite movie this year...?

Favorite Celebrity

I re-discovered my love for Michael Jackson this year- or at least his music. Also, I have LOVED (as I always do) Sandra Bullock.


Least Favorite Celebrity

1. Chris Brown
2. Kanye West (I had to keep Kateka's answers on this one!)


Guilty Pleasure

"Keeping Up With the Kardashians" I hate that I like that show, but I just can't turn it off!


Saddest Moment

1. The deaths of Grandpa Meldrum, Grandma Meldrum, and Grandpa Hirschi.
2. Learning that the cruise we were supposed to be going on this coming May had been cancelled...


Favorite Song(s)

1. EVERYTHING from the "Glee" soundtrack.
2. "Fireflies" by Owl City
3. "Whatever It Is" by The Zac Brown Band


Songs I Hated

I know there were a few, but I can't think of them right now...


Biggest Surprises

1. Finding out I was pregnant again.
2. Kenadee making her debut even though we weren't expecting her until 2010.
3. The deaths of three grandparents in just a few month span.


Achievements

1. Making it through 6 months of teaching Sunday School to teenagers
2. Surviving pregnancy #3 (seriously, a HUGE accomplishment for me!)

Things I've Learned

1. No matter how many times it happens, losing loved ones doesn't get any easier.
2. I'm a whole lot stronger than I give myself credit for.
3. I have AMAZING friends who will stand by me, even when I'm not the greatest friend myself.
4. Sometimes, even when you have the best of intentions, things don't go as planned. You just have to find a way to pick up and move on.

In 1 word (or a couple words) 2009 was: Tough and emotional
In 1 word (or a couple words) 2010 will be: CRAZY!
My favorite picture that I took in 2009 was:


I think they both look so sweet in this pic. Love those two kids!



I am looking forward to:

1. Being mom to THREE kids.
2. A really great vacation in the fall (hopefully).

My Hopes (Resolutions) for 2010:

1. Go the the Temple a minimum of once a month.
2. Get back into pre-baby shape.
3. Have a date with just my husband at least twice a month.

Here's to the New Year!

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

what a fun post idea. i'm sure your 2010 will be awesome. :)

MaRea Hess said...

What a fun post. It's crazy to think that I have been gone for the whole year of 2009, WOW!!! So many fun memories. I love your goals for 2010. There is nothing better than a date with just you and your husband out of the house, a breath of fresh air at times. The Temple goal I think is life changing. I can't think of a more wonderful thing that Kyle and I have done in our marriage than attending the temple at least once a month. The blessings are so AMAZING. For years I would go and think to myself is there ever a day that I will go and LOVE IT??? I mean I enjoyed, I loved how I felt after, but it wasn't like going out to dinner and the new movie. I can say that I totally look forward and love going now. I wish I lived right next door to you. I would love to watch all three of your monkeys every month when you guys had your little date night to the Temple. My post is getting way to loooong, but I LOVE THE TEMPLE I could write all night about it.

How is little miss Lou sleeping at night? She is so darn cute.

MaRea

April said...

We seriously should be be best friends. I loved Glee, the soundtrack and all. I've listened to both daily. And yes I am sooo into the kardashians I can't stop. They crack me up. And love Sandra, seriously she is so great in the Proposal.
Love your new babe, oh so cute and what a fun new year surprise. Hope things are well. Trent told me about the cruise being cancelled. I hope someday we can join again.

Kateka said...

Thanks for using this format, I am totally flattered!!

Amen, to least favorite celebs! And good grief, you went through a lot of death in 2009, hopefully you don't have to deal with that again for a really long time.

Mike and Meg said...

Loved it.

Melanie said...

pre-baby shape Tashina, Come on, you walked out of the hospital in pre-baby shape I am sure! I loved this post, super cute and I also love to watch the Kardashians, haha.