Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kilgore and SURPRISE!!

This last weekend was the annual Hirschi Family Reunion! Now, I know what you're all thinking- who get excited about a family reunion? Well, you've obviously never been to Kilgore with all the Hirschis! We always have so much fun!


Mason was so excited to be up in Kilgore and be able to see his Grandpa Hirschi!





Even though it was freezing, Avery had a blast!

Every year we have a theme, and this year's was "Marathons". We had an Indiana Jones movie marathon, marathon amounts of food, and a 4 mile marathon run. It was a blast, as usual. And, yes, I did the race! I only ran about 1/2 a mile, but I finished in just under an hour- in second to last place! Haha! They even did a kids' race for the littles- Mason loved it! It was just under one mile, and he ran the entire thing!


Mason with the trophy he got for doing the kids' marathon race!

We did the traditional auction to raise money for all the food and supplies needed to host that many people. Our auctioneers are always Uncles Mike and Bill, and cousins Dustin and Mark. They are always so funny and get some great money out of... "white elephant" type gifts!



My handsome uncles Mike and Bill!

It was rainy, cold and super muddy, but we had so much fun, and no one wanted to leave!

Now for the surprise...


Baby #3 will be joining our family in January, 2010! My due date is the 21st which puts me at about 10 weeks. I have been pretty miserable, but so far this has been the easiest pregnancy of all three of them. This baby was a surprise, and I still don't know if I am completely excited, but I'm getting there. I went to the doctor on Monday and had an ultrasound where we got to see the heartbeat, and that has absolutely added to the excitement, but I am for sure still in shock! Mason is thrilled, and is praying for another baby sister. I'm hoping for another boy, but I guess we will see!


It's not a great picture,and for some reason it's sideways, but here is the ultrasound! (Sorry for the craziness, blogger did something weird with my pics, and I'm too lazy to delete them and start over!!)

12 comments:

April said...

Congrats!!!! Wow, those third babies always seem to be a surprise. Good luck, I hope you start feeling better soon.

Jenae said...

Yay, so exciting! That's so fun our due dates are just a day apart! We will for sure have to get together soon, I bet Jax and Mason could be good buddies too! Congratulations!

Holly and Derek said...

Congrats Tashina!!! Now did you lie to me in your last comment on my blog??? Or were just in denial? You must have had some inkling if you are already 10 weeks! Well I am so excited for you and now we can be pregnant together!

Chelsey said...

WOW CONGRATS T! THAT'S WAY EXCITING! NOW GET JUSTI ON BOARD WITH YOU!!!! I NEED A BABY IN THE FAMILY! HOW FAR APART WILL AVERY AND #3 BE? HOPE YOU START FEELING BETTER SOON!

The Marcons said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! I'm glad you're not as sick as the last one. Sad I won't get to see you prego at bunko.

Nicole said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Guess i need to get more into family reunions :) haha.... and congratulations on baby #3!!! Wow.... Hopefully you will feel better the entire term this time!

{We Are The Wade's} said...

YEA!!! I am so excited your pregnant!! Now we can both deal with the craziness of 3 kids!! Brynlee's due date was the 21st of January too!! Good time

Mike and Meg said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. I want the honest truth about going from 2 to 3. Is it hard or easy? Let me know in Jan.

Hess said...

Congrats, again!!! It was great talking to you again, it's been to long.

Becki said...

Congrats girly! Let me know if you need anything. I definitely hate the first trimester.....and third

Melanie said...

oh man do I feel stupid! I even saw you today and didn't have a clue:( Congratulations! That is awesome and so cute that Mason wants another baby sister! Thanks for the birthday party today as well. MaCall is still talking about it 5 hours later!!!

Kateka said...

Wow, Ms. Fertile!! Just kidding, just kidding... kind of. :) Seriously, that is so great. I was the third kid in my family, so just like all thirds, this kid will be the very best of them all. :) I am not biast, I swear.