Sunday, April 26, 2009

Supercross

Last night we got to go to the supercross races at Rice-Eccles Stadium with the Knight's. I am not really a fan of motocross races, but I thought it would be fun to spend the day with our friends, and my husband was so excited to go. It rained all day, and it was below 50 degrees, but it was a blast! I came home with a hoarse voice, and a new respect for bike racers. Mason has been a fan of motorcycles his whole life- so long as he can view them from far away, and that the engine isn't started, so we were a little nervous. But, he surprised us! He loved it! We picked our favorite racers (me- Chad Reed, and Jonse- James "Bubba" Stewart- they are rivals), and cheering our guts out. It was a long day, and we totally wore the kids (and ourselves, to be honest) out, but it was such a blast! Thanks, Knight's!!


This is Miss Supercross. We tried to get Mason to pose with her, and he had a total fit!! It was so funny!!


This is Bryden on the virtual reality motorcycle ride- he looked like a pro on that bike!


Mason wasn't strong enough to hold the helmet up, so he just rested it on the handle bars the whole ride.


They were shooting off these fire cannons before all of the races, and they were sending these huge clouds of smoke into the air...


... The result was these smoke rings!


Mason plugged his ears during all of the fireworks.


Chad Reed (#1), and Bubba Stewart (#7) battling for the win. Unfortunately Bubba got it...




We decided to take Trax for the day, and the boys were so worn out that they both fell asleep on the ride home.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

huh! i've never done something like that before. It looks interesting! I'll have to give it a try sometime!!

The knights are in said...

That was so much fun, we have to do it again when it comes back to Utah.

Hess said...

I am sure the boys loved, loved, loved it!!! I am sad you didn't post an update photo of little miss Avery. I am glad you had fun at wicked, I thought this was your 2nd time going?

It was good saying hello for a minute on Sunday.

Chelsea said...

I love the pic of your little guy not wanting to pose with Miss Motor cross. He is going to regret it as he gets older :)
Hope your doing well!

Anonymous said...

I was there too! :) It was a blast huh! I am glad you enjoyed it..

The Meldrum Family said...

Hey your blog is so cute and i think your babies are soooo cute i love it i can not belive how big mason is getting it freaks me out!!! lol we are getting old.