Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Things You Didn't Know About Me

This has been going around Facebook, and I did it on there, but I thought some of my blogging friends would like to see it, too!

1. I was born in Rexburg, Idaho, and even though I didn't live there long, I still consider it home.

2. I grew up down the street from my husband.

3. I told my mom when I was 5 that I was going to marry Jonathan, she told me I was crazy. Boy was she surprised when it really happened!

4. My name comes from the Blaine Yorgason book "The Windwalker" and means "beautiful spot on the high mountain".

5. I don't let go of things easily, especially friendships. I don't honestly know if that makes me loyal or obsessive...

6. People tell me that I am OCD about cleaning, I don't know if I agree, but I am starting to.

7. At 5' 10", I am the shortest member of my family; I wear heels just to keep up!

8. I absolutely adore being an aunt!! Benjamin, Sam, Noah, Nolan, Caitlyn, Elizabeth, and Abigail can always make me smile!

9. My family means everything to me, especially my babies! But, my Grandpa Hirschi comes in a very close second.

10. I hate visiting teaching- I don't like mine to come, and I don't like to go. I know there are people who love it, but I see it as someone being forced to care about me.

11. I am not a morning person, and I despise having to set an alarm.

12. I love to work out, especially in a group setting because it is easier to keep going when I feel like I have to keep up with others.

13. I love to play the Wii- especially golf.

14. I could watch my sister Caitlin play sports forever!

15. I am a TV addict- thank goodness for TiVo because I won't watch anything but kid shows when Mason is awake.

16. I hate being pregnant, but I love the labor and delivery portion. If I could skip right to that, I would have a whole lot more kids.

17. I love to get pedicures.

18. My favorite movie of all time is "The Wizard of Oz", followed by "Top Gun".

19. The first time I have ever been on an airplane was last April when we went to Cancun. That was also the first time I have been out of the country.

20. I am an incessant worrier, probably caused by a combination of genetics (I come from a long line of worriers), and my overactive imagination.

21. I believed as a kid that all my problems could be solved by curling up in Grandma Hirschi's lap. Actually, I still believe that to this day, but she is no longer here for me to curl up with.

22. I have learned to love crafting. (Thanks to Justi.)

23. I love Diet Coke. I know it's not good for me, and I have cut it out of my diet several times, but I like it too much, and always end up going back to it.

24. I am obsessed with the anatomy of the human body. I don't understand how anyone could know anything about the human body and not believe in some sort of higher power. I actually get frustrated thinking about that.

25. I love sports. It's always fun to watch men's expressions when they realize I do know the players, the rules, etc.

4 comments:

MaRea Hess said...

I will brag and say that I knew everything, but four out of the 25 things. That's what you get when you live across the street from your friends for two years!

Kateka said...

I am exactly the same as you when it comes to #24, 20, and 10. Ha, ha, ha.

Anonymous said...

I had NO idea you have never been out of the country and had never been on a plane. That is SO crazy to me. Do you totally love traveling now? Where did you stay in Cancun?? I love that place.

April said...

oh I'm so glad I could be apart of your first plane and out country experience, it was a blast huh. Fun to learn about you.