Wednesday, February 4, 2009

All About My Sweet Husband

Saturday is Jonathan's 27th birthday, and since you all know me so well, I thought it would be fun for you all to get to know him better for his birthday.

1. Jonathan used to think of me as the annoying little girl down the street.

2. He also swore that he would marry a short, blue-eyed blonde. (I am a tall, green-eyed brunette.)

3. He is a certified fire fighter, EMT, AND scuba diver.

4. Because of the first two of those certifications, he once helped bring a dead man back to life!

5. He is the youngest and only boy in his family; therefore, he was incredibly spoiled as a kid.

6. He went from being in the marching band to captain of the football team in one year!

7. He is absolutely obsessed with Cold Stone ice cream. Going there has become a weekly ritual for us.

8. He has longer and thicker eyelashes than I do! (So does Mason, it's not fair.)

9. Because of a concussion he got during high school football, he doesn't remember most of his childhood.

10. He is a total mama's boy, and is completely proud of that. It's sweet, really.

11. In high school, he carved his football number into his chest with a razor blade. He also pierced his own ears several times.

12. He is really great at picking out gifts for me, especially clothing.

13. He is the best dad EVER! He is so great with our kids, and they both love him more than you would ever know.

14. He once got sued for shooting a deer on private property. Not the best day of his life...

15. He loves the outdoors: camping, four wheeling, hunting, you name it!

16. He went bowling so much on his mission (P Days, of course!), that he bought his own bowling ball. To this day, he still takes it with him anytime we go bowling.

17. During his mission, he lived on rice in order to save up enough money to buy a pair of Oakley sunglasses.

18. Once a week, every week during the warm months, Jonathan mows his grandparent's lawn. He has done this since he got home from his mission. They still insist on giving him an allowance for doing it, too!

19. Since working for the family business was "expected" of him, Jonathan vowed that he would never do it. After Mason was born, he joined the Meldrum Scale team, and absolutely loves his job.

20. His favorite movie of all time is "First Knight".

21. He loves to watch shows about food on TV. He especially loves the ones about other countries and the crazy things they eat.

22. He hates that I am so OCD about things, simply for the fact that I won't let him help me with things because he doesn't do it to my standards. Horrible, I know, but I can't help it.

23. No bodily fluids bother him, except vomit. He can't see it or smell it without throwing up himself.

24. He tells himself how hot he is in the mirror every morning, a habit he started back in high school.

25. The hall monitors at his high school still know him by name (he has been graduated for almost 9 years...), and can pick him out of a crowd. What does that tell you? :)



Jonathan showing off his "hard" side! This was taken back in 2005, and it still makes me laugh everytime I look at it!!



My favorite picture of the two of us. Taken the summer before we got married.



My favorite picture from our wedding... Seems like so long ago!!

Happy birthday, Jonse! We love you!!

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

wow. i never realized jonathan was such a badass. :)

Holly and Derek said...

How stinkin' cute! I loved reading all about Jonathan. What a great idea!

Kateka said...

He has such a sweet and innocent face, I would never, ever, ever think he was any sort of trouble maker!

Melanie said...

How interesting is that!!! Never would have guessed:) Happy Birthday to Jonathon! I love the wedding photo...so cute.

Jonathan and Linsi said...

Yes we do have to play! I miss you!

Janaca said...

That was actually really interesting to find out more about your hubbie! He's lucky he decided to marry the tall, green eyed, brunette.