Sunday, June 15, 2008

Megan, Air Show, and the Family Reunion

This week has been kind of a crazy week! There has been so much going on, I guess I need to catch everyone up...

It finally happened!! Megan came home from her mission!! I can't believe it has been 18 months already... Although, when I really think about it, so much has happened, that it is impossible for it not to have been that long! Anyway, one of my very best friends, Megan Baxter, has been serving in Texas for the last year and a half. She came home on Thursday, and I have loved being able to talk to her and hang out a little bit ever since. She truly is an amazing person, and a wonderful missionary, and I am so glad that after all these years we remain close friends. Welcome home, Sue!! I sure do love ya!!



Megan, me, and Linsi on Thursday night after Megan got home.

On Friday, we made the trip to Rexburg, Idaho with my mom and sister. We were going up for the annual Hirschi Family Reunion. Every year we go to my grandpa's property in Kilgore, Idaho to spend three days camping and playing with all the Hirschis. It is something that we anxiously look forward to every Father's Day weekend. Unfortunately this year, the property was covered in too much water to go camping, so we had to relocate the reunion to a park in Rexburg; we also had to shorten it from three days to only one. It was really disappointing, and it was sad to not be able to see everyone- there were only about 75 people there, and we usually have around 200. But, it still was fun to get to hang out with the people that could come... Mason loved to be able to see Grandpa Hirschi and Uncle Mike, but was sad to not get to spend any time with Uncle Bill. We got to meet Ben's new fiancee Bre! She is so great, and perfect for him! I am glad that they are getting the moisture that they need, but I just hope that next year there is a little bit less! I don't think I can go two years in a row without going to Kilgore!



Dustin, Uncle Mike, and Aunt JoLynn doing the infamous Hirschi family auction.



One thing that we did get to do while in Idaho was watch a really amazing air show at the park! It lasted for about 3 hours, so it was nice to be able to go play on the playground with Mason for a while during parts, because otherwise he would have been a holy terror! I am absolutely amazed by the pilots that flew their planes during this show! My stomach dropped several times during the show because of some of the really crazy stunts they were doing!



Crazy pilots!!



Mason playing on the playground during the air show.



Mason finally wore himself out enough that he fell asleep on the grass at the park! He slept there for about 2 hours!!

4 comments:

Jenae said...

Yay Megan is home!! That's so cool, time really does fly! You'll probably see her again before I do so please tell her hi for me. Hope you're feeling good! Love ya!

Janaca said...

How cool! That's great that Megan is home. I actually saw her at the MTC her first day there because we went to see Jason's brother off to Kenya. Crazy! Tell her I said hi. It was good to see a picture of Lindsi too!

Kyle Hess said...

FYI. I made my story private. So I'll need your email to send you an invite. My email is kylethess@gmail.com

Monica and Stephen said...

Hey Tashina, I haven't talked to you or heard from you since Mason was born. I found your blog on Jessica's blog (hope you don't mind). Mason is so cute. A baby girl in September congradulations. Check out my blog and keep in touch. www.sholtfamily.blogspot.com