7 years ago
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Baby Blues, Anyone?
So, can I just say how much I hate what your hormones do after having a baby?!? As if you don't have to deal with it enough during pregnancy, now it's even worse... And the hardest part is definitely putting on a happy face, all the while falling apart on the inside. Luckily it hasn't been so bad that anything crazy has happened (i.e. suicide thoughts, etc.), but I hate looking people in the face and lying about how good things are some days. Thank goodness for a really great husband and amazing friends who really do care when they ask how I am feeling, instead of just asking because that is what they feel they are supposed to do...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh I am so sorry. Isn't it so weird how those hormones just reek havoc on our bodies? I hope things get better. In the mean time know its not your fault and it will get better. I had them with Hudson but not Ruby so we'll see what happens this time. I hope Mason is adjusting well. And you need to post some pics of that cute little girl. HOpe things get better. Hang in there girl, your not alone.
Tashina, I had THE WORST baby blues. I had Charlotte in November with Winter Blues and then on top of that, a week after I had her, she stopped breathing and we had stay at the hospital for a while and things kept going downhill. I would sit on my couch and eat carrots and watch ANTM all day. I couldn't leave and I couldn't have visitors because Char got RSV shortly after that. She catches everything, so just know that I am headed towards blues again. My doctor said to keep Char in and not to have visitors in the winter. We can chat all day if you'd like! haha
Just remember that it IS hormonal and you can talk to your doctor about antidepressants. My doctor said that once you are feeling like you aren't having fun with your baby, it's past postpartum and you should take a little something. It's so hard. I know exactly how you are feeling. And you know what? Just cry and let it out. Sorry to preach. I just know exactly what you are feeling. Take comfort and know that it will pass.
On a brighter note, YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!! I decided that now that I am prego, my goal is to look as good as you when I have my numero dos!
Let me know if you want to get together sometime before it gets too cold outside!!
I'm so sorry Tashina, baby blues are no fun. Looks like Jacque already gave you great tips, hopefully the blues go away soon. Maybe it's time for a girl's night out!!!
Oh Tish I am so sorry! I have been a bad friend and haven't been by at all to help out! I will make amends this coming week I promise! When is a good day to come over?
Post a Comment