Friday, July 11, 2008

It's Over!

Today was the day... Mason's surgery! It started as a rough day... We were told to be at the hospital at 6:30 a.m. so we were going to get up at 4:45 and leave our house by 5:30. The alarm went off, and I got up and took a shower just like normal. But, when I got out and went to wake up Jonathan, I noticed that it was now 5:57 instead of 4:57! So, we made a mad dash to make it out of the house- luckily we had gotten everything ready last night. Needless to say we didn't make it on time, we were about 20 minutes late... But, they got us right in and got Mason sedated (which was hysterical) and took him in. The whole procedure took only about 20 minutes and then we spent about half and hour in recovery- the worst part! He was so mad when he started to wake up, and all he did was cry and yell at everyone who came near us. But, he finally woke up completely and was instantly himself again! He has some really great singe marks under his nose, but other than that, he is great! It was drama having to go through this, but I am so glad that it is over and everything is great!

6 comments:

Jenae said...

Oh good I'm glad everything went good for you guys! What a tough little guy!!!

Janaca said...

I'm glad everything went ok! Things like that are never fun, and it sounds like it was a rough start to the morning.

Becki said...

I am glad everything went well! We are going to have to do something SOON! Since we didn't get to play yesterday

Jacque said...

I am so glad he got through it! I hope his recovery is still great with no problems!
How's the baby doing? You're due soon! How are you feeling?

Monica and Stephen said...

Sad. I am glad everything is good now and that the procedure went well.

Anonymous said...

Surgery.. How come?? I hope everything is ok. So, I really think we need to get together seeing we only live like 5 minutes from eachother. I want to come see your house!!