Friday, February 5, 2010

Back to Real Life

Well, we have been home from the hospital for a week now, and it has been one of the hardest weeks since Kenadee was born. Lou Lou is doing great! She is still pretty congested, which causes her to snore SO loud, but besides that she seems to finally have kicked that nasty little virus. When we took her to see the pediatrician the day after she was discharged from the hospital, they told us that her chances of getting RSV again this year are slim. BUT, that because the virus settled so deeply into her lungs it caused some minor lung damage. She said that this is common, and that it will repair itself over time, but that if Kenadee picks up any other sickness this winter (which is very likely because her immune system isn't back up to where it should be yet either) that it will likely settle right back into her lungs like the RSV. Meaning, if she gets sick again, our chances of ending up in the hospital again are huge. Awesome. So, they told us she's not allowed in public until April. So, we've been totally confined to the house. Combine that with three kids who are off their sleep schedules from spending so much time away from home, and you've got all the makings of an incredibly hard week. Not to mention a totally sleep deprived mom who is struggling to stay sane. Just another day in the life! :)

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

hey if you end up this way again, and i'm praying you don't, but if you do, PLEASE call me. i'd love to be able to help in any way. you can drop your kids off, come stay over, i'll bring you food, whatever. i'm just 10 minutes away from PCMC. i can't imagine how stressed and worried i'd be if i was in your shoes!

Jonathan and Linsi said...

Sweet, want us to come see you since we can't leave the house till April too? Of course by this point I'm thinking "Yay! Only two more months!!!" We've already been home confined for 3 1/2 months so I've got about two shreds of sanity left! Let's go crazy together, K? Oh, of course after Easton gets over his stomach flu(which he got from Jonathan since he's the only one who leaves the house!). I'm really sorry that you're stuck, too, but we should really enjoy our imprisonment together. :)

Lindsey Smith said...

I'm sick for you! That sounds terrible!!!!!!! I that you can get some sleep this next week:) Good luck and remember that the Lord only gives us things that he knows we can handle, I have to tell myself this all the time:)

Nicole said...

Ah, man..... that seriously has got to be the hardest thing. i'm so sorry! I hope you can stay clear of illness and things start looking up soon.

Kateka said...

Thanks for the update!

And seriously, SERIOUSLY, call me sometime and I'll come watch your kids while you take a long nap. I need to do more service projects and would be more than happy to come over sometime to give you a break. I work 8-5, so I could do it after work, or on Saturdays. :)

Janaca said...

Sorry for the rough week! I can only imagine. That's so hard to be confined to your house! I'm the majority of the time and I know how hard it is when you aren't able to get out. Good luck and I will be praying she won't get sick again!

MaRea Hess said...

I guess we will not be going to any Jazz games soon;). That does not sound fun to be stuck in your house for that long. I am glad you have so many wonderful neighbors that can help! I wish I was across the street to bring you treats and stay with your kids so you could get out!!! Spring is coming someday, then life will be great!

Love yea
MaRea

Monica and Stephen said...

I am glad that everything is getting back to normal. I can't believe she had RSV. That is hard. My oldest Kyle, had RSV as a baby and it is so sad because you want to help them but you can't. Good luck being home bound!